Protecting your intellectual property Blog

Blog #4

How would you protect your intellectual property.

As I have thought of a new business idea that involves a product that warms your hands while you are typing on your keyboard. As an avid PC gamer, I tend to play on my keyboard and mouse for long periods of time. While playing, my hands tend to start sweating due to extremely fast movement of my fingers and they start to get really cold. I always have to either put my hands under my bottom to try and warm them up. I noticed that a lot of gamers use hand warmers as the only solution to warm their hands. I want to create a product that provides a small heating element near your keyboard that will subtly warms your hands while you are typing. To protect my product I would most likely use a patent. A patent is a government authority or license conferring a right or title for a set period, especially the sole right to exclude others from making, using, or selling an invention. I would need to get my idea patented to prevent others from stealing and utilizing my idea. For me to get a patent, I need to start with an idea. After my idea, I need to start making a proof of concept. The patent that I most likely would need is a utility patent. As of right now, I only have an idea. I don't know how I am going to create my product. I need to figure out how to make a warming device that doesn't burn you if you accidentally touched it, and it doesn't melt your keyboard and hands. I think this would be a great invention if possible and would solve a lot of cold hands.

Comments

Popular Posts